Sunday, July 4, 2010

Trying to be Green, Ending up Black and Blue.

So... this week I attempted to be "green" by riding my bike to work. It was all a part of the http://cleartheairchallenge.org/ I decided to try. It challenges people to reduce pollution from July 1-July 31.

As luck would have it... On July 1st, I begin my quest to being a better overall human being by riding my bike to clean the air and get some exercise when.... CRASHHHHHHH.. i completely biffed it! I tried to turn from the street to the sidewalk and I... missed.



I FLEW off the bike and tried to catch myself by sticking out my hands straight out in front of me... big mistake.
Scuffed up my hands real good, sprained my right elbow (ya know, the favorite one), and road rash on the right side of my body.

It made for a really miserable weekend-- Life as a lefty is horrible.

When I got to work--the nice peeps in the warehouse created a makeshift sling for me out of cellophane. It... was awesome....!




This incident has only inspired me create the biggest carbon footprint possible--I vow to toss my empty water bottles near the tire bonfire I got in the backyard, only drill offshore (and always spill onto the pelicans), and smother a spotted owl every time I hear a Justin Beiber song.


ps. Never google "Caught self with hands"... I was trying to explain how I got my injury to google and... well, that search term leads to sites that have NOTHING to do with falling off a bike.

2 comments:

  1. Um... ouch. I too will help you making a large carbon footprint. :) I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny cause I never had words for it before, but I also want to smother spotted owls whenever I hear a Justin Beiber song.

    ReplyDelete