Friday, May 28, 2010

Is a Honeymoon Worthwhile?



More Excerpts from "Living, Loving & Marrying."




Penny shook her blonde head defiantly and said, "I don't care what my family or anyone else thinks, I refuse to live with him any longer. I'm going to get a divorce."

“That’s strange,” I replied quietly. “I thought you just returned from your honeymoon. Didn’t you enjoy it?”

“Enjoy it? It was horrible!”

“What went wrong?”

“Everything! I looked forward to my honeymoon for so long, and then as soon as it began I felt let down. In fact, I was scared.”

“Scared? Scared of what?”

“Why—Jed, of course. I didn’t think he was that way. Before we got married he was so charming and considerate but on our wedding night he treated me like an animal!”

“An animal?”

“Yes, an animal. As soon as we got ready for bed he grabbed me and wanted sexual satisfaction.”

“And you resisted?”

“Well, no. I tried to be a good wife, but he seemed to be in such a hurry to satisfy himself that he hurt me physically. In fact, when it was all over, my love for him had turned to hate.”

“Did you have the feeling he was jujst using your body for sexual satisfaction?”

“That’s exactly right. He acted like—like he had just come to a drive-in for a quick snack. Why, he didn’t even notice my expensive nightgown or comment on the special perfume I had saved for our first night together. Oh, I hate him! Tell me how to get a divorce.”

4 comments:

  1. Ok...that's weird. So what are your thoughts on this self-help gem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I freakin' love this book. I'd it was published in 1962, and I'd almost think it was trying to be comical---because every chapter is FULL of hilarious goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the end of the chapter? I'm DYING to know what happens next....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap I can't stop laughing! I'm pretty sure I need to buy this book. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete