Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spontaneous Combustion Easter Oven.

This is how my Easter Dinner went...



(Not the actual photo, but you get the idea)

Allow me to set the stage for you. We (meaning Bobby) were cooking the Honey Baked Ham in the oven next to the bacon-wrapped asparagus... (mmmm... cloven hoofed animals) that's when it happened. Horror upon Horrors... our oven SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTED!!!!

It was like Stadium of Fire!!! (Only with less Archuletta). I hadn't been this frightened since the Easy Bake Oven disaster of '95. Bob quickly ran downstairs and turned off the braker while I stood in stunned silence (I'm such a good helper).

We still have no idea how that happened. But now our oven is burned from the inside... all over the inside. Unusable.

Then... adding insult to injury... during the meal we noticed water all over the floor.
Yup, the refrigerator was leaking... a lot.
So, we had to scramble and put towels ALL OVER THE KITCHEN FLOOR!

I think Elijah was pretty miffed we forgot to put out a place setting for him... Or maybe that Ham was the Easter Bunny's close friend. Who knows.


HAPPY/MERRY EASTER/PASSOVER/SPRINGBREAK!

3 comments:

  1. One time...my roommates and I were trying to cook a full breakfast for several people, and we needed to cook the bacon but we were already using our one frying pan for something else. We had the brilliant idea to broil the bacon in the oven.
    All was fine and dandy until someone noticed little bursts of flame going off inside the oven. We figured out that the splattering grease from the bacon was catching fire on the heating element!
    In a panic we opened the oven and began pulling the pan of bacon out, but that just disturbed the grease even further causing massive flames to erupt from the oven!
    We got the bacon out and it actually turned out reasonably well, but it was touch and go for a minute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Is it bad that I was laughing as I read this? :) Hopefully the rest of your holiday was uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That is seriously hilarious! I am sorry it was such a big disaster!

    ReplyDelete