So... Bobby and I have an issue. We cannot sleep in the same bed--it's impossible! There's elbowing, kicking, biting, crying, gnashing of teeth, and it's a two man brawl free-for-all until dawn. It's HORRIBLE! In the morning, Bobby and I look like we've been cast in a George Romero movie.
Therefore, I've come to the conclusion that people (especially the married kind) are not supposed to share a bed. It's unnatural and against God's will.
I have also concluded we need two separate backs--just like in Hay's code era of Hollywood where marital couples must sleep in two separate beds on camera (a la Lucy & Ricky Ricardo).
I now renounce anything that has not been approved by the Motion Picture Production Hay's Code of old Hollywood: That means Bobby and I must sleep in two separate beds, never ridicule clergy, and avoid the topic of white slavery.
There was an episode of How I Met Your Mother that dealt with this issue. They liked the separate bed thing for a while, but then were afraid that it would result in them getting a divorce, so they went back to one bed. I kind of like the two bed idea, but I haven't had to deal with it yet.
ReplyDeleteIf you don't already have one, try a king size bed, which is as big as two regular beds stuck together. Jason and I have a really hard time sleeping together on anything smaller. It's big enough that both of us can toss and turn and more or less sprawl out without getting in each other's way.
ReplyDeleteWhat does this Hay's code have in store for the toilet? I'm concerned.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I didn't read the link, I just remember Psycho being the first movie to show a toilet.
I second the king-size bed suggestion. It's the best thing ever invented.
ReplyDelete